Friday, August 8, 2014

tractors, trains, and toddlers + something special


One of my favorite feelings is having some sort of "project" to work on. 

I look forward to coming home and finishing whatever it is, anxious for the finished product. That feels good to me - having something to work on. Call it therapeutic or relaxing, but lets be honest. It's mainly an excuse to watch Netflix in the background for an unhealthy amount of time. 

For the past few weeks I have been working on some paintings for my friend's almost two-year-old son and her newest baby boy who will be coming in September. This little boy has brightened my life so much in his almost two years of life! I love watching how he interacts with his Uncle and the progression of him learning how to say my name has been my favorite thing. For a long time I was just MmmSeriously, how cute is that? Now, it's turned into Emmie, making Cyrus one of only three people to ever call me that in my life. You are pretty special to your Auntie Em, kid. ;)

I wanted these paintings to represent being all boy. They were painted especially for Cyrus who loves riding the lawn mower with his Papaw, and for Carson who I'm sure will follow in big brother's footsteps. 




Like what you see? If you or a friend has a nursery or bedroom that needs cute customized and personalized artwork, these styles are available for purchase. They make great gifts. They are acrylic on canvas that will be coated with a clear gloss sealant so that they will not fade and can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Check out my about page for contact information. To inquire about prices, please e-mail me. (Maybe an Etsy shop will be coming soon?!)

I would love to paint something especially for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...