Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Favorites


HOW is it June already?? Almost half of the year is behind us. Stahp, life. Just slow down. 

I am starting a new series for my blog - Monthly Favorites! I'm not going to promise these will come every month because let's be honest. I won't always be buying new and noteworthy things each month #poorcollegestudentlife. BUT when I have things that y'all need to know about, this is where I will tell you!

So here's what I was loving in May!

Greek Yogurt

Oh my, greek yogurt. If you had asked me a few months ago if I liked greek yogurt I would have wrinkled my nose at you big time. I would have said it tastes bitter, chalky, and don't get me started on the texture. This month I ate it several times and loved it! For one thing, don't buy plain greek yogurt - that was my first mistake. For you texture people, I found that putting a grape in each bite works wonders! I know, it's a little weird, but trust me. The sweetness and crunch of a grape really made a difference. 









B&BW Body Wash: Beautiful Day

Let's just lay this out on the table: I could spend hours and all of my money in this store. This. Smells. So Yummy. It was actually a Christmas present and it's already totally gone! The bottle says it smells like "sun kissed apple, sparkling cassis, and wild daisies brightened by fresh pink peony and creamy musk." So there ya go. 











Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation

Finding a good make-up can be tough! Can I get an amen from all you girls out there with oily skin? This make-up acts like a primer, concealer and a foundation at the same time (hence the "3 in 1" name). It's around $10 at all drug stores, and it's totally worth it. I have repurchased it several times and haven't been able to find a better drug store option. And yes, that lid is extremely dirty, I'm aware. Fair warning, the way the pump touches the lid pretty much gets it messy every time. Still, it's the best drug store foundations I have found!





Ghost Stories, Coldplay

Holy smokes. I have missed you, Coldplay. This album shows the heart of what Coldplay truly does best. After their slightly different last album, Mylo Xyloto, it was refreshing to hear the Coldplay I first fell in love with. Some favorites of mine from the album are "Ink," "True Love," "Magic," and "A Sky Full of Stars." 







Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo

No, that's really what it's called. and DRY SHAMPOO, omg. I have never been brave enough to try it before this month. Turns out I am a huge fan! This dry shampoo doesn't have the best smell, but I have definitely been converted. I was a wash-my-hair-every-day kinda girl, but no longer. I will probably not repurchase this one in order to find a brand that smells better though. Do you use dry shampoo? What's your favorite? I'm a newbie!











B&BW Candle: Watermelon Lemonade

Yum yum yum yum yum. I would pick fruity smells over flowery ones any day. This candle is Summer in a jar. The lemonade is a refreshing balance to the fruitiness of the watermelon scent so that it's not overpowering. Just good.








Julep Nail Polish

I know you're thinking, "EMILY. That stuff is 'spensive." Yes, regular prices are about $14 a bottle. Erm no. BUT if you sign up to become a member to receive monthly boxes, you get your first box free! A free box comes with 3 polishes and you only have to pay shipping ($2.99). After I received my box I cancelled my subscription. The polish itself goes on nice and milky, but I haven't noticed exceptional staying power. It still chipped. However, getting to sample high end things for free is well worth it.


Wallflower Design Co. Case - Taste of Summer

I love this company soso much. She's a high school girl who loves Jesus and is living her creative dream making phone cases with her handmade artwork on them. Heck yeah, I want to support that! Her cases are always adorable and her customer service is exceptional (she frequently offers discount codes on Instagram/Twitter - so watch for those!). This is actually the third case from Wallflower that I have purchased. Check out this case (and this company) here!



C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
I have awful cuticles and this helped them tremendously this month! Every night before bed I rub this into my cuticles and in the morning they look ten times better. It can be used anywhere on your skin though. Sometimes I use it on my lips as well. The smell of rose is light and it has a heavier vanilla scent. Like I said, I don't love flowery smells, but something about this scent is really relaxing! You can grab this for $5.50 at Bath and Body Works!





I hope you have discovered something new to check out or finally found something you had been searching for!


What were you loving this month?  Be sure to let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...