Monday, September 15, 2014

september campout: ky horse park


Weeeellll, it's been a minute since I've talked with you guys! How's your life? Do you like that is finally starting to feel like fall? 

School is in full swing for me. It's been great being in the School of Education finally! During October and November I'll be back in a classroom observing alongside a teacher. I have been thinking a lot about what grade I'd like to observe in this semester. I have done some observing in 3rd and 4th grade classes, and this time I think I'd like to be in Kindergarten or 1st. I have a sneaking suspicion that those will be what my heart beats for. Older kids are great, hey, they can tie their own shoes, actually know how to blow their noses, and probably don't cry as much. But I don't think that's what I want. Anyways, I'll keep you updated. :)


CAMPING AT KENTUCKY HORSE PARK
This weekend my family went camping (for the first time all summer, I might add!).

Kentucky Horse Park is great. Lexington is great. You just feel away from it all there. We went to a cute little orchard that was a little bit aways from the campground on Saturday morning. Hay rides, caramel apples, a pumpkin patch - it all put me in such a fall mood!

AND THE WEATHER. Oh my pumpkin spiced latte, was the weather perfect. Warm in the sunshine, and still pleasant in the shade. Couldn't get enough of it.


Spiced apple cider from Evan's Orchard ohmyword.

Are double yolks supposedly good luck?


Homemade fried apples, y'all. We may be in a camping club but we still know how to do potluck.
Evan's Orchard
Evan's Orchard





Fresh peppers, yum! @ Evan's Orchard


Evan's Orchard
I resurrected my chucks for the first time since high school. It felt good.


I know that I'm a summer baby (birthday is in August), but Fall might really be my favorite season. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...