Saturday, May 28, 2016

Putt Putt & Chocolate Chip Cookies

Starting off Memorial Day weekend (also anniversary weekend) with some fun! 

The great thing about our anniversary being on May 30th is that it will usually fall on or around Memorial Day! The year we got married there were 5 weekends in May and our wedding weekend was actually the last weekend, the weekend after Memorial Day weekend. This year our anniversary falls on Memorial Day, so we get a day off to spend together! I'll keep ya posted on what we do that day. :)

I think my nesting kicked in last week. I've been really planning painting baby furniture for the nursery (which I will be starting next week!) and cleaning out closet space for baby items to have more room. The first closet I cleaned out had a huge tote of kitchen items and dishes that my Aunt Barbara gave me before we got married. Since she passed away in January, I have been so thankful for all of the thoughtful things she gave me for married life. One of the things in the tote was a really adorable blue cake stand and topper! Keep reading for pictures/how it was used below.

Friday night:
Kicking off the summer with our first game of putt putt! Y'all might think that this is just something you do on vacation at those cheesy mini golf courses, but not this family. We are hashtag #blessed with a great putt putt course right near our parents' houses. Some people have season passes to Six Flags, and then there's us who always has a three game ticket in our wallet. Sometimes I'm really good and beat my husband (how I measure a putt putt victory), and other times I completely embarrass myself, ha! This weekend was definitely the latter of those two, but that's okay. I still gotta get warmed up for the putt putt season, ya know? We are just getting started.



Saturday: 
Our day consisted of rest and cookies. I tried a new "best chocolate chip cookie" recipe from Williams-Sonoma's website that I saw on Pinterest.  The only thing I changed in this recipe was the amount of chocolate chips and sugar. By the time I mixed all the dough together and was ready to add the chocolate chips, I thought there was NO WAY I was about to add 2.5 cups of chocolate chips to the tiny amount of dough! I only did a little over a cup of chocolate chips and it turned out just fine. I also left out one of the tablespoons of sugar and I'm glad I did because they were sweet enough. Also, I totally took their advice and scooped the cookie balls out with an ice cream scoop. Yep, never going back to the regular spoon again.

Let's talk about baking and being pregnant. I thought I was going to die the first time I baked something knowing I couldn't lick the utensils because of the raw eggs it contained. I don't think I had ever baked anything and not been anxious to lick the spoon. But alas, I have restrained myself during this pregnancy. My husband doesn't like to lick the spoon ever! He would rather wait for the treat to finish baking before taking a first bite. Not-pregnant me always thought that was so weird! But you know what? I've kinda enjoyed saving the first taste for the finished product. (That's something I never thought I would say.) I don't feel as sickly sweeted out before I even get to the cookies. Maybe I'll keep up the habit even after Baby comes!






Husband was a huge fan of these cookies, so I will definitely be keeping this recipe in my back pocket.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend with lots of good food and family time!
-Em


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...