Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Summer Lists




I am officially on summer break! That means that I am halfway finished with my undergraduate degree (gulp). I hope to be in the School of Education this fall! The Lord has been so kind to me during the past two years of college. I have now been a student at IUS for a whole year, have made some wonderful believing friends, and have gone a year without taking out another student loan. Praise the Lord! Transferring is one of the most frustrating, hair-pulling experiences, but that was something that Lord put on my heart and He was faithful through the whole circumstance.

So. This is a feel-good post with my favorite things of summer, my (small) summer reading list, a summer playlist, and movies I want to (finally) check off my list during the summer of 2014.

I'm excited for:

Longer days. 
Flip flops.
Pool hair.
Seeing old friends.
Watermelon.
Vacations (x2;).
Painted toes.
Ice cream.
Sunglasses.
The big 2-0.
Putt Putt.
VBS.
Reading outside.




Summer reading list:
Insurgent (Halfway through this already!)
Allegiant
The Fault in Our Stars

Pilgrim's Progress

Movies I need to check off my ever-growing list:
*Disclaimer: Don't be flabbergasted at some of these. I mean, I just saw Titanic last summer. Embarrassing.*
127 Hours
Gone with the Wind (I've only seen half!)
Schindler's List
Princess Bride
Return of the King (Yep. Just this one. Somehow I've seen the other two and not the last one.)
Captain Phillips 
The Book Thief
Steel Magnolias
Star Wars....because I've seen one.
The Giver Coming August 15
22 Jump Street Coming June 13
Maleficent Coming May 30
How to Train Your Dragon 2 Coming June 13


My playlist of songs that make me feel summer-y:
  1. Anything Could Happen in Midnight City - M83 + Ellie Goulding
  2. Not a Bad Thing - Justin Timberlake
  3. Glow (feat. Liz Navarra) Tony Anderson 
  4. You're in Love - Betty Who
  5. Tell the World - Eric Hutchinson
  6. I Knew You Had a Heart Attack (Mashup) - Taylor Swift & Demi Lovato
  7. Get Out - Casey Abrams
  8. State I'm In - NEEDTOBREATHE
  9. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
  10. Feels Like We Only Go Backwards - Tame Impala
  11. Make a Move - Gavin DeGraw
  12. Mermaids - Jinja Safari
  13. Would Do Anything For You - Foster the People
  14. Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay
Listen to this playlist for free on my 8tracks profile!








Like the picture up there at the top? It was made by yours truly on Pixlr. I also created a pin for you to re-pin and download as a background. You can find it here on my PinterestHappy summer pinning!

What are on your summer lists? If you see anything missing on mine that you think I simply MUST add, let a sista know.





Workin hard on a surnburn all day
Or if we stay up late we'll sleep in
'Cause everyday is like the weekend
Thank God for the months after May
-Ben Rector "Thank God for the Summertime"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...