Wednesday, October 10, 2018

FALL GARLAND CRAFT

I loved planning our first fall painting project for Charlie recently. He is super into painting right now, which makes momma so happy! After looking around online for a template to print out like I was wanting, I just decided to make my own.



YOU'LL NEED
- Printer paper (2)
- White cardstock/construction paper (2)
- Sharpie
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Fall paint colors (we did orange, green, and yellow for the pumpkins, and red, brown, and yellow for the leaves)
- Paint brush
- Baby wipes (so necessary with a toddler!!)
- Twine/String
- Hole Punch (not pictured)





CREATE YOUR OWN COLORING PAGE
First step is to get started on what you want to be painted! This was so simple and completely however I wanted it to be. I wanted him to paint pumpkins and leaves, so I started by drawing some examples of each in various shapes and sizes on regular printer paper. Then I picked 3 of the best ones to keep. Some other ideas that we may do later this fall are: Candy corn, acorns, piece of pumpkin pie, a cute little turkey, or a football. You could even do Halloween items like: a bat, friendly ghost, black cat, or a jack-o-lantern -- seriously, anything your heart desires here.

Next I cut the templates out and I traced multiple of each onto one full sheet of thick white cardstock with a sharpie to create my own coloring page for my little guy to paint.

I thought it would be a lot easier to let him paint the entire paper before the shapes were cut out. He is starting to really understand filling the shape in with color, but coloring in the lines is not his ability yet. So this was perfect for a 2-year-old to be able to fill in each shape with paint and me to cut them out after they dried.





 





Once the pages dry, cut out each image. I like the look of leaving the black sharpie edges as an outline. Look at some of these pumpkins and leaves that are totally filled in with paint!!!! I was super impressed that he did that. 

The last thing you have to do is decide how to order them on your garland, hole punch each shape, and string them up. Yay for this beautiful fall craft done by your little one!

If you do this with your kids, be sure to send me pictures. :)
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...