Thursday, July 28, 2016

COLDPLAY// A Head Full of Dreams Tour

We saw Coldplay in concert last night!! I still can't believe it. Talk about the BEST pre-baby date night ever!

Nothing like a concert at 39 weeks + 2 days!
Back when it was first announced that their tour was coming to Louisville, I thought there was no way we would get to go since it was five days before my due date. I mean, we could potentially have had a baby by then! Even two days before the concert and Baby was still cozy and seemingly content in my belly, I was trying not to get my hopes up. See, I'm the concert junkie in this household, but Samuel has loved Coldplay since he was in middle school and had NEVER had the chance to see them live. We have talked about seeing them "one day" so many times. So I knew thought I might be able to convince him to get last minute tickets. Husband and I talked about it and he admitted he would be a nervous wreck the whole time hoping I wouldn't go into labor AT the concert and him have to figure out what to do with me then. Which is totally fair haha. But luckily my weekly doctor's appointment fell the day before the concert giving me the perfect chance to ask her if she thought it would be wise or not. To my delight - she gave me the green light on it being perfectly safe for Baby and said that if I was feeling up to it, we could go!

And boy are we glad we did. Little Baby did fine, just a normal amount of wiggling ;) , and we lost our minds at how amazing Coldplay is live. It will definitely go down in the books as possibly the best concert ever. Samuel was the first person to introduce me to the band so long ago. He bought me my first Coldplay CD, and left another one on my doorstep one time on as a surprise because he had a crush on me (and wanted me to like his favorite band). So it was pretty special to finally get to see them together, married, and pregnant! We're thankful that Baby cooperated and stayed put for the night too.

Now that we've checked that off the list, we are REALLY super ready to meet our son now!

We ate at our current favorite sandwich place, Potbelly, on 4th Street in Downtown Louisville before the concert.






 
The band gave out light up bands to everyone and they coordinated with the music! 





Thanks for an amazing show, Coldplay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...